Catering Business Plan Template
Ready-made Catering business plan with pre-written text in WORD and customizable pro-forma financial plan in EXCEL. You can easily adapt this Catering business plan template to your own project, no financial expertise required.
Trusted by 400+ Downloaders
What You Get
- A compelling & detailed pre-written Catering business plan template in WORD
- A full and automatic Catering financial plan model in EXCEL you can easily customize
- Text tailored to the Catering business
- The ability to paste advanced charts and tables within a click
- No accounting or specialized financial knowledge needed
- A truly cost-effective solution that saves you time and money
Catering Business Plan Package Description
Our Catering business plan package comes with a pre-written business plan in Word and automatic financial plan in Excel tailored to the catering business. All you need to do is easily customize the templates in just a few hours according to your project’s needs and then you’ll end up with a solid investor-grade Catering business plan ideal to show to prospective investors. Save time and money by taking advantage of our ready-made catering business plan package. Check below the full details of the package’s content.
Catering Business Plan Document in Word
Our ready-made Catering business plan template is in Word format and includes 24 pages. The document is divided into multiple sections. Each section contains the essential points that are necessary to effectively present your Catering project. Each section and sub-section offer you a sample text that you can easily customize to make your business plan unique. Below is a small excerpt from your pre-written Catering business plan in Word.
Automatic Catering Financial Plan in Excel
Our pre-populated automatic financial model is in Excel format and includes multiples worksheets. You can easily edit the model’s inputs including changing costs and revenue assumptions to generate pro-forma financial forecasts including P&L, Cash flows and Balance Sheets. Below is a small extract from your automatic Catering financial plan in Excel.
The Benefits of Creating a Business Plan for your Catering Business
- A business plan is a crucial document that can help your catering business clarify its concept, target market, and value proposition. It can also help you understand the needs and preferences of your target customers, and determine how you can meet those needs better than the competition.
- If you need outside financing, a business plan and financial plan can be key in convincing investors to fund your catering business. The financial plan should include detailed projections that show how you plan to generate revenue and achieve profitability, including information on start-up costs, pricing strategy, and marketing budget.
- A business plan and financial plan serve as a roadmap for your catering business, allowing you to track your progress and make adjustments as needed. By regularly reviewing and updating these documents, you can stay on track and identify potential financial risks or opportunities.
- A financial plan is an important tool for managing the financial aspects of your catering business. It provides a clear overview of income and expenses and helps you create a budget that aligns with your business goals. It can also help you make informed financial decisions by identifying potential risks and opportunities.
- A business plan can also help your catering business attract and retain top talent. By outlining your business goals, values, and culture, you can attract employees who are aligned with your vision and mission. A well-written catering business plan can also help you communicate your goals and expectations to your team, keeping them motivated and engaged.
This Ready-Made Catering Business Plan is For
- Entrepreneurs wishing to start a Catering business
- Aspiring Catering business owners who want to create a business plan fast & easy
- F&B entrepreneurs who wish to pitch their project to investors
- F&B professionals who wish to better understand the potential of the opportunity
Immediate Delivery by Email
- Once you complete the order, you will receive an email with links to download your documents
- Your order will contain the full pre-written business plan in Word
- Your order will contain the full customizable financial model in Excel
Your Catering Business Plan Content
Executive Summary: Our Catering business plan template starts with a compelling Executive Summary. This key section is very important as it summarizes in 1 page your Catering concept. It will introduce your business model, the key people behind the project as well as the unique selling proposition offered by your Catering concept. This section will also mention how market conditions and consumer trends are favorable for launching your project.
The Problem Opportunity: Next, your ready-made Catering business plan will list a number of problems experienced by your prospects in your target market and will show how this presents a unique opportunity for your Catering business. These can include issues such as lack of quality Catering companies in a certain location, undifferentiated offerings by current actors in the market…etc.
The Solution: This section explains how your Catering company will take advantage of the current problems in the market and will detail your innovative solutions.
Mission & Vision: Your mission will explain in a couple of sentences your Catering company’s business ethos. In other words, it will summarize your unique value proposition and will explain how you are different than the competition. Your vision will explain the long-term plans for your Catering concept. Are you planning to start with one branch today and expand to a multi-branch business model? Are you looking to transform your Catering business into a franchise model?…etc.
Business Model: This section details your Catering concept using the business model canvas method. In a visually appealing table, we will detail your Catering company’s key partners, activities, resources, value proposition, customer segments, customer relationship plan, marketing channels, cost structure and revenue streams.
Products & Services: Next, we will talk in detail about your various products and services. We will describe your various menu options and catering services as well as provide information about your pricing.
Market Analysis: This important section describes the various market statistics and consumer trends in the catering industry and explains how they support your own Catering concept. The purpose of this section is to show that the market conditions are favorable for launching your new Catering project.
General Market Trends: In this sub-section of the market analysis, we will discuss the latest general market trends in the Catering industry. We will look at the global industry size, growth rate, growth diving factors and consumer trends.
Local Market Trends: This sub-section explains the local market trends that are relevant to your specific Catering business.
Target Customers: In this section, we will describe your various customer profiles by providing information about their demographics, behavior and purchasing habits.
Competitive Analysis: We will analyze key competitors active in your target market and provide insights about their strengths and weaknesses.
Competitive Advantages: After looking at the competitive landscape, we will then show how your Catering business is differentiating itself from the competition through a number of key advantages.
SWOT Analysis: This section features a 4-quadrant table with explanations about how your Catering intends to leverage its key strengths, mitigate weaknesses, capture opportunities and thwart any future threats.
Marketing Plan: This chapter provides detailed information about your go-to-market strategy. It includes a detailed action plan to help you build brand awareness and generate sales.
Branding & Awareness: We will describe in this sub-section your choice of key marketing channels to build branding and awareness.
Customer Acquisition: We will describe in this sub-section your choice of key marketing channels to acquire customers and increase sales.
Operating Plan: This chapter provides information about your Catering company’s opening hours, internal processes and describes the interactions between various key departments and teams.
Management Team: It is very important to present the key people behind your Catering project and thus we have dedicated a section for this very purpose. It is also important to talk here about the founder’s vision, his past education and professional experience.
Hiring Plan: No business can succeed without having on board the right team. This section lists all the key positions you plan to hire with information about their salaries and expected start dates.
Key Milestones: To be able to launch and execute your Catering project, you need to follow a set of actionable tasks with target deadlines. This section serves this purpose.
Financial Plan: Without a robust financial plan, your Catering business plan would be an incomplete document. This important section provides crucial information about your pro-forma financial projections and shows that you have really done your homework. The data mentioned in this and the following sections will be provided by the dynamic Excel financial model accompanying your Catering business plan.
Projected Revenue: This module shows your Catering company’s revenue projections over the next three years.
Projected Profit and Loss: This module shows your Catering company’s income statement (also called profit and loss statement) over the next three years. Your income statement includes detailed projections about your sales and expenses and shows how your Catering company’s revenue is converted into a net profit.
Projected Cash Flows: This module shows your Catering company’s cash flow projections over the next three years. The first year of operation is even detailed on a monthly basis. Your cash flow statement will detail the various cash inflows your Catering business will generate from its day to day operations and from funding sources, as well as the various cash outflows required to pay for operating expenses and business investments.
Projected Balance Sheet: This module shows your Catering company’s balance sheet projections over the next three years. The balance sheet will provide a summary of your Catering project’s short term and long-term assets in addition to your short term and long-term liabilities and capital.
Profitability Analysis: In this section, we will provide information about your gross margin, net margin and discuss the profitability of your Catering business.
Funding Requirement: This module states the amount of funding your need to be able to comfortably launch your Catering business. It also describes the planned allocation of the funds between Opex and Capex.
Conclusion: Finally, we will conclude your business plan by recapitulating the key points that make your Catering project compelling and reiterate the rationale behind your business opportunity.
Catering Business Plan Excerpt
Catering Financial Plan Excerpt
Why Use our Ready-Made Catering Business Plan?
- Speed & Convenience: Once you complete your order, you will receive the Catering business plan directly in your mailbox. Since it is already pre-written with fully customizable financials, you will only need to spend a couple of hours to edit it and adapt it to your own Catering project.
- High Quality: Your Catering business plan has been written by our professional team of business plan writers and experts from the F&B industry. You will receive a professional Catering business plan template ideal for presenting to potential investors or banks.
- Low-Cost: Our pre-written Catering business plan template is the most cost-effective solution in case you need to build a solid and professional Catering business plan. We are confident you will save hundreds if not thousands of dollars by ordering our premium business plan compared to hiring a consultant or subscribing to complicated and expensive software.
If you have any question regarding our ready-made Catering business plan package, do not hesitate to contact us, we are here to help.